Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Living the life of Star Wars may be closer than you think

Since moving in on Sunday morning, I have now been a resident of Waterloo for a full 3 days. 3 days of finding my classes, meeting new students, and all around getting orientated with my new home. I guess thats why they call it orientation week. What these three days has done most however, is get me more excited for what the rest of university will be like. After all the meeting and greeting is over this coming saturday, I can't wait to see what its like being in a lecture hall and actually learning what I'm here to learn. Wandering through the library earlier this morning I saw more books than I could imagine all about science and math. Things like this are bringing out the real school nerd in me and I could not be more happy.

I apologize for the life anecdotes of late, but this is WATERLOO Physics so things about the University will come up from time to time. I will be getting back to more physicsy posts in the coming days because I know you all miss them. For a little bit of physics to brighten your day for now, I have this for you.

Researchers at MIT have found a state of energy, or light, that when manipulated in a certain way behaves like matter. In normal terms this basically means lightsabers, which I think will make every part of life better because whats not better with a lightsaber. I'll go more in depth with this topic in the future but I thought you might all like to know that the greatest movies of all time, Star Wars, may soon become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment