Friday, August 15, 2014

My Scientific Career

This fall, like many kids my age, I will be embarking on a journey through higher education. My specific journey has me going to the University of Waterloo under the faculty of Physics and Astronomy where I will learn about the universe and everything in it. When I tell people what I'm going to be studying this coming autumn I've began to expect a certain reaction: "wow really physics? That's some serious stuff." And while yes physics is a challenge it's what I love most. I could not be more excited to start learning directly from professionals in the field at an amazing university like UWaterloo. Starting at Waterloo is just the beginning of my journey, and my ultimate goal is to unravel the theories that hold our universe together.

For as long as I can remember, I have always been intrigued with the world and all different fields of science. When I was a little kid, I was fascinated by dinosaurs and I wanted to know everything about them. I read every book I could find, I watch all the tv shows, and did everything to get my hands on everything dino. At this point in my young life I wanted to be a palaeontologist and spend my life learning everything about dinosaurs. After that, while still young, I became interested in sharks (this was even BEFORE shark week incase you were wondering). I again did everything I could to become an expert. I have always asked why and been intrigued about the world around me and wanted to learn about what I didn't know. I was born a scientist.

Ironically, during my naive childhood I was terrified of space and its impossibly infinity, like I'm sure many people are. My young mind couldn't comprehend what was out there when it asked why. Today space, the universe and this impossible infinity are what intrigue me the most. I have read countless books by physicists such as Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Neil Turok, Brian Greene and more and now have a very good conceptual understanding of modern physics and the ideas the world's leaders in physics are working on.

In the next year I will be starting a new chapter in my life, like many other kids across the world, and starting to study what I love most. I am extremely excited to have this chance to extend my knowledge of the universe and reach my goal of discovering the universe and its secrets, but I know it wont be easy. The purpose of this blog is to share my knowledge with the world, to enlighten others about what I know and what I am discovering, and to learn even more about the universe which we all share. 

I hope you share this journey with me and help me uncover our universe's secrets.

1 comment:

  1. (this was even BEFORE shark week incase you were wondering)

    More importantly:

    wow really? you have a uterus? :"D

    ReplyDelete